CACAO – NATURE’S MOST POWERFUL SUPERFOOD
Nourish your body and soul with this blissful, heart opening, soul nourishing cacao tonic.
DID YOU KNOW?
Cacao contains the highest concentrated levels of antioxidants than any other whole food on the planet — cacao by weight contains more antioxidants than red wine, blueberries, acai, pomegranates and goji berries combined! One of the things that makes cacao so unique as a superfood, is the varying biochemicals that it contains, all of which speak to different functions in the body.
MORE AMAZING FACTS ABOUT CACAO!
- Serotonin the ‘feel good’ chemical is found both naturally in the body as well as in Cacao.
- Phenylethylamine, otherwise known as PEA, is a neurotransmitter produced naturally in the body when we fall in love and you guessed it — is also found in cacao!
- In 2006, the Journal of Nutrition found that women who drank cacao with at least 326 mg of flavonols a day had better skin texture, improved microcirculation, increased oxygen saturation and improved skin hydration than those who didn’t.
- In Sanskrit, ananda means ‘bliss’, making anandamide the ‘bliss’ chemical. Anandamide is a neurotransmitter found naturally in the brain, which when released leaves us feeling happy and euphoric. Coincidentally, it is also found in cacao.
- Theobromine is the molecule in chocolate that is similar to caffeine but is much milder due to its molecular make up. It stimulates the heart, relaxes muscles and has been used to treat high blood pressure. While it promotes energy in the body, its effects are not felt by the central nervous system resulting in a more gentle, subdued feel-good type of energy.
Blissful Soul Cacao Tonic
- 1-2 tsp of cacao powder of choice
- 1/2 – 1 cup of non-dairy milk. I love organic almond milk.
- Honey or natural sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil (optional)
There are various ways you can mix up this tonic. I prefer to use a ceramic matcha bowl and whisk. I add the warm milk to the ceramic matcha bowl, then the Bliss Booster and whisk briskly. Then I add my desired amount of honey and scoop of coconut oil for another brisk whisk and then pour into my beautiful ceramic cup. I then sit in silence as I experience this delightful tonic.
You can also use a blender to mix the ingredients together or make it really simple and mix it together in a coffee mug.
Make Your Tonic Time into a Sacred Ritual:
1. Be present and silent while preparing and drinking your tonic. Be in a meditative space.
2. Say a prayer before drinking your Tonic: “May this tonic nourish my soul, feed my skin, and nurture my body.
3. Thank Mother Nature for all she provides and promise you will always give back in whatever capacity you can.